Cheung Yung, Lam Hau Yi, Li Hiuwa, Poon Mei Yee, Wong Chun Hei
- Wed 13-09-2017 to Sat 23-09-2017
aimlessly is a kind of mental status at the moment of creation, in between distraction and attention. It seems too flighty, yet the thinking is not subject to any contexts or issues. The aim of creating is simple: when a touching spectacle appears in our daydream, we capture and represent the emotion instinctively. Five artists use their artworks to record the moment of being inattentive.
Piano & Poetry Pot Pourri
Jacqueline Leung, Mary Ann Tear
- Mon 25-09-2017 8:00 PM - 1 h 15 m
In this collaboration between two artists and two artforms, Jacqueline Leung and Mary Ann Tear explore the themes of romance, ennui, uncertainty, fear, anger, sorrow, regret and remembrance by interspersing piano music with poetry readings.
- Thu 28-09-2017 8:00 PM - 1 h 30 m
- Fri 29-09-2017 8:00 PM - 1 h 30 m
- Sat 30-09-2017 3:00 PM - 1 h 30 m
- Sat 30-09-2017 8:00 PM - 1 h 30 m
This September, enjoy the nights with live music jamming dance and drama at the fringe underground. “Unstoppable” dance threatre and a local football life story “GK” will be presented with the live music performed by local band SAGAS.
The Remarkable People Series: Naked Dialogue - No Past, No Future
- Sat 07-10-2017 3:30 PM - 1 h 30 m
“Death may be inevitable, but the death of the Singapore cemetery is not.”— Kevin Tan (Professor of Law, NUS, Conservationist & Music Critic)
Hong Kong Philosophy Café
- Tue 10-01-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 14-02-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 14-03-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 11-04-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 09-05-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 13-06-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 11-07-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 08-08-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 12-09-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 10-10-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 14-11-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
- Tue 12-12-2017 7:30 PM - 2 h
The Fringe Branch of the Hong Kong Philosophy Cafe was established in October of 2000 with the goal of holding regularly scheduled discussions (in English) on serious, mainstream philosophical topics.