Big Band Night – LIVE at Fringe Dairy
LiveMusic - Big Band Jazz
Island Express Jazz Orchestra
- Sat 10-02-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h 20 m
- Sat 21-04-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h 20 m
- Sat 28-07-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h 20 m
- Sat 24-11-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h 20 m
- Sat 26-01-2019 9:30 PM - 2 h 20 m
$155 (in advance, *Fringe members), $185 (on the day), $124 (**Student/senior)
Presented by the Fringe Club as one of the programmes in the “Jazz-Go-Central, Jazz-Go-Fringe” project, “Big Band Nights” feature various local jazz big bands.
Formed in 2010, the Island Express Jazz Orchestra specialises in large-ensemble arrangements by modern jazz composers. The 17 members, ranging from music professionals to businessmen, have one goal in mind: to bring a much-needed update to the big-band scene in Hong Kong.
Their repertoire includes originals by Bob Mintzer, Pat Metheny and Matt Catinggub, as well as fresh arrangements of tasty standards. In addition to regular performances at the Fringe Club, the band also hosts annual international crossovers with progressive musicians from Japan. Past collaborators have included Yoichi Murata, Kenta Tsugami, Kaga Hoppies and the Rare Sounds Jazz Orchestra.
Sat 26 January 2019 Featured Pianist - Junko Moriya
Island Express Jazz Orchestra has invited renowned Japanese Jazz Pianist Junko Moriya as featured soloist.
Sat 24 November 2018 Featured Vocalist - Talie Monin
Island Express Jazz Orchestra has invited award-winning vocalist Talie Monin as featured vocalist.
- Tickets will be available one month before each performance date.
- Admission: 30 minutes before show time.
- No outside drink or food is allowed inside the venue.
- 40 seats plus standing spaces. Seats are first-come-first-served.
- *Fringe Club membership card MUST be presented at the door.
- **Limited quota. Student card/ Identity card MUST be presented at the door.
“Jazz-Go-Central, Jazz-Go-Fringe” is financially supported by the Arts Capacity Development Funding Scheme of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
The content of these programmes does not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Hong Kong Fringe Club reserves the right to change the programmes and performers