Big Band Night – Patrick Lui Jazz Orchestra
LiveMusic - Big Band Jazz
Patrick Lui Jazz Orchestra
- Fri 27-07-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
- Sat 20-10-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
- Sat 22-12-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
- Sat 23-03-2019 9:30 PM - 2 h
$200 (in advance, *Fringe members), $220 (on the day), $147 (**Student/senior)
Presented by the Fringe Club as one of the programmes in the “Jazz-Go-Central, Jazz-Go-Fringe” project, “Big Band Nights” feature various local jazz big bands.
Patrick Lui is an award-winning pianist, keyboardist, composer, arranger and producer. Patrick was a semi-finalist in the Bucharest International Jazz Competition. He has performed in many cities around the world, and has appeared in music festivals such as EUROPAfest, the Taichung Jazz Festival, Clockenflap and the Hong Kong International Jazz Festival. As a composer and arranger, Patrick has led and performed with several big bands in Hong Kong and abroad. In recent years, he founded his own jazz orchestra playing his original big band works, some of which performed under the direction of Grammy nominee Dr. Gene Aitken. Earlier this year, he finished recording an album of his own compositions in New York.
In the pop music field, Patrick is a frequent collaborator with local band RubberBand, and was awarded 2012’s ‘Album Of The Year’ by Commercial Radio Hong Kong. In 2017, he was also the keyboardist for Eason Chan, Hong Kong’s foremost artist, on his world tour, “Eason Says C’mon In”.
Sat 20 October 2018 Featured soloist - Eugene Pao
Their second performance at the Fringe will be joined by local jazz master Eugene Pao.
- Tickets will be available one month before each performance date.
- Admission: 30 minutes before show time.
- No outside drink or food is allowed inside the venue.
- 40 seats plus standing spaces. Seats are first-come-first-served.
- *Fringe Club membership card MUST be presented at the door.
- **Limited quota. Student card/ Identity card MUST be presented at the door.
“Jazz-Go-Central, Jazz-Go-Fringe” is financially supported by the Arts Capacity Development Funding Scheme of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
The content of these programmes does not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Hong Kong Fringe Club reserves the right to change the programmes and performers