Ceramics ･ Tea Ceramic works by Lee Hsieh-Chih, Weng Shih-Chieh & Lai Hiao-Che Exhibition
Fringe x Ceramics ･ Tea
- Fri 04-01-2019 to Fri 01-02-2019
Anita Chan Lai-ling Gallery
Ceramics ･ Tea
Ceramic works by LEE Hsieh-Chih, Weng Shih-Chieh & Lai Hsiao-Che
Ceramics ･ Tea is an exhibition featuring ceramic works by three renowned ceramic artists from Taiwan - Lee Hsieh-Chih, Weng Shih Chieh & Lai Hsiao-Che. They are bringing us their latest collection of tea-ware, tableware and vases. In order to present a different experience and appreciation of Taiwanese ceramic culture, we have also lined up some spectacular highland tea from Taiwan. All the elements of this exhibition are from Taiwan, from soil to glaze, from style to fragrance, all appealing to our five senses.
Lee Hsieh-Chih graduated in ceramic art and he has traveled to different places such as Malaysia and Australia to further enhance his ceramic skills. His works were in many exhibitions in Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and other places. Lee started his own workshop in 2000 and his ceramic art are mostly tea-ware. His works are raw and simple in both form and colors with a beautiful feeling of determination and self-reflection.
Weng Shih-Chieh’s background was in engineering but he started to practise pottery in 2004, and established his own workshop in 2010. He concentrated his efforts in glazing and builds his own specialties through it. He turned professional in 2013 and is widely acclaimed for his white, purple, red glazed works and for his oil-drop tenmoku glaze.
Lai Hsiao-Che is Taiwan’s new generation ceramist. He has learned and practised pottery for 10 years, concentrating on hand-building creations. His works have repeatedly been selected for the Taiwan International Gold Teapot exhibitions and seen in various exhibitions. He hand-builds his tea-ware works, leaving traces of personal emotions in them with a multi-faceted aesthetic that blends with the tea to create a fresh atmosphere.
Exhibition︰4-31/1/2019 (except Sundays)
Opening Hours︰11:00 – 20:00
“Ceramics – Tea” activities
- Opening Ceremony: Fri 4/1/2019 18:00 to 20:00
- Tea Tasting: Sat 5/1/2019 12:00 to 13:00. Our 3 ceramic artists will be hosting tea sharing and talk about their works. (Booking and fee required)
- Demonstration by Artists: Sat 5/1/2019 18:00 to 21:00. Ceramic art and skill demonstration and sharing by our 3 artists. (Booking and fee required)
- Music Meditation Workshop: Sat 11/1/2019 15:30 to 17:30 at the Underground. (Booking and fee required)
- From tea to Music Workshop: Sat 18 & 26/1/2019 15:30 to 17:30. (Booking and fee required)
Worshop information : https://www.facebook.com/ceramicsandtea/