Swing Dance 2.0
Hong Kong Swings
- Mon 06-01-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 13-01-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 20-01-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 02-03-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 09-03-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 16-03-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 23-03-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 30-03-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 06-04-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 20-04-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
- Mon 27-04-2020 7:45 PM - 3 h 15 m
Stay safe and see you all at Fringe soon!
Hong Kong Swings @ Fringe Dairy G/F Every Monday, 7:45pm - 11:00pm
Hong Kong Swings teaches a free introductory Swing dance class from 8.30pm to 9pm, followed by a social where everyone is welcome to mix, mingle and dance.
What is swing dancing?
‘Swing’ is a group of dances that originated in the Harlem ballrooms of the 1920s–1940s and danced to the swing style jazz music of the time. The most well-known of these dances are Lindy-hop and Charleston (think The Great Gatsby). These are free, improvised dances with an emphasis on music, rhythm and groove.
What is swing music?
Swing is exciting and playful, rich and rhythmic. Think big band music of the Roaring Twenties fronted by legendary singers like Ella Fitzgerald. This music really, really makes you want to get up and dance!
Swing is Community
We are a welcoming and open community run by volunteers who love swing for the social culture, history and sheer fun of it.
Organizer: Hong Kong Swings (email@example.com, www.hongkongswings.com)