Big Band Night - Happy-Go-Lucky Big Band
LiveMusic - Big Band Jazz
Happy-Go-Lucky Big Band
- Fri 26-11-2021 8:00 PM - 2 h
$140 (in advance/Fringe members)
$160 (on the day)
Attention: All tickets are sold out. Thank you for your support!
The Happy-Go-Lucky Big Band, led by Japanese trumpeter and conductor Kenny Matsuura, was formed in 2010 as a rehearsal big band at a rented studio in Kowloon. It’s a full 18-piece Jazz orchestra of young and eager-to-learn musicians dedicated to big-band-style jazz, and many members are music teachers.
The band is dedicated to studying and performing Duke Ellington’s classic compositions. It has been performing at the Fringe Club for many years – in fact its 30th performance at the Fringe Club took place on 3 June 2019. The band has also done many concerts around Hong Kong and has organised numerous jazz workshops with mentors such as Antonio Hart, Justin Robinson, Eric Miyashiro, James Zoller and members of the Duke Ellington Orchestra.
• Admission: 30 minutes before show time.
• Free seating. No more than six people can sit side by side.
In the view of the COVID-19 pandemic, please observe the following precautionary measures:
• Scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code or register your name, contact number and the date and time of your visit before you enter the venue.
• Have your temperature checked at the designated entrance.
• Masks must be worn throughout the venue.
• No eating or drinking is permitted in the venue.
2521 7251 / 5616 1233 (WhatsApp)